Problem Solving

There isn’t a day that goes by that we all aren’t presented with problems.  Some are very small and others immense, but no matter how big or small, they still offer us a challenge.  Managing them is the issue….we all hope for an easy solution but let’s be honest; “easy” only comes when we really work at something.  Often the success in our problem solving is a direct correlation to our attitude.  Attitude has a lot to do with how we approach the problem and how quickly and efficiently we can manage it.  However, it’s amazing how people try to avoid managing problems.  They avoid them so much that they manifest into larger problems.  Identify the issue, analyze it and attack it....that’s how stuff gets done!  Truly the “easy” answer to the problem is just dealing with it.

            To solve the problem we have to admit that one exists.  Step one, state the problem.  Let other people in your scope of influence know, it creates a layer of ownership and accountability.  When you make it public to people in your network it requires attention and it is more difficult to avoid.  Step two, analyze, discuss and develop a solution.  Change is only possible through action and if the problem is going to be resolved it must become an action plan.  Billions of dollars are spent annually across the globe by professional sports teams, major corporations, and educational systems with this in mind….an action plan to the challenges that threaten their organizations. Step three, execute.  Put the plan in motion; execute the actions necessary to evolve.  Successful execution of the plan is meant to offer an outcome that is favorable, but this is only possible if we actively engage in the execution of it.  Actively engaged means that we are part of the solution and we don’t add to the problem.  We are solution seekers!

            Stating the problem should only take up about 1% of our attention because we already know it exists, so don’t dwell on it.  Transition your attention to the solution, about 9% of our attention should be devoted to the solution process, we just can’t run around doing “stuff” we have to organize a reasonable plan of attack.  The last 90% of our energy and focus should be committed to the action, execution and the adaptability required for reaching a resolution.  The irony is the 1% is the hardest obstacle to overcome. Once we recognize and admit the problem exists it’s easier to approach the remaining 99%. These percentages represent a theoretical blueprint for problem solving; their value is the active attention we give them. Own it!

  • Sep 13, 2017
  • Category: Blog
  • Comments: 0
Leave a comment
Sale

Unavailable

Sold Out